Friday, July 13, 2007

Sights I'm going to "try" to see

Well, I'm almost out of here to head off to Berlin. I compiled a list of things that I might be interested in seeing. Went to a sight-seeing website which had a good list, so here's the list. I'm going to be checking off the list when I go, hopefully I'll be able to get to most, but its a BIG list. I mean, I ONLY have two days. :-) Wish me luck!

East Side Gallery - Remains of the Berlin wall

Brandenburger Tor - Brandenburg Gate would be a sight to see.

Denkmal Fur die ermordeten Juden Europas - Memorial to the Murdered Jews

Checkpoint Charlie - Famous Border crossing point.

Gendarmenmarkt - "Europe's Most Beautiful Square"

Neue Wache - Place of Remembrance

Zeughaus - "Mother of the Prussian Style" - German History Museum

St-Marien-Kirche - Beautiful parish church

Fernsehturm - highest tower in the city.

Siegessaule - The golden goddess of victory

Schloss Bellevue - Germany's "President" lives here.

Gedenkstatte Deutscher Widerstand - In Memory of Nazi Resistance

Haus der Kulturen der Welt - The Congress Hall was seen as a symbol of German-American friendship

Zoologischer Garten - Germany's First Zoo

KaDeWe - The MALL of malls in Germany

Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedachtnis-Kirche - A ruined church which is a reminder of the horrors of war

Schloss Charlottenburg - A palace fit for a queen.

Funkturm - Berlin's "Eiffel Tower"

Olympiastadion - The stadium that hosted the 1936 Olympics & 2006 FIFA World Cup

Treptower Park - Recreational Area Near City Centre

Erholungspark Marzahn - Chinese Garden

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow -- that is a lot of sights to see in one weekend .. hope you take lots of pictures .. have a great time, Shelaine