Friday, July 6, 2007

Going through the Spin Cycle

Well, I just confirmed this morning that Mrs. C has major restrictions when in comes to the Washer and Drier. It seems that when Mrs. C had prior tenants, she allowed them access to the Washer and Drier. But I guess they screwed up their own clothes and blamed Mrs. C for it. So, she decided that we have access to the bath and kitchen, but when it comes to the Washer and Drier she is willing to do a load of laundry a week. But only she puts the clothes in.

This puts some amount of difficulty for me, seeing that I was hoping to have some clean clothes by the time I got back home. Well, actually, I was able to get my white clothes and some pants cleaned this morning, well, washed actually. I guess there is a wide call to save energy, so Mrs. C has decided that the Drier isn't going to be used (unless there is an emergency?). So she has a clothes rack to hang up our clothes to dry. Thankfully they aren't outside or that would just defeat the purpose. :-)

I can understand Mrs. C's position, kind of silly, but I'll respect her decision. That just means that I'll have to find a Laundromat. Supposedly the only one Mrs. C knows about is one near downtown. It's going to be interesting carrying my dirty clothes on the tram. :-/

I'll have to see if I can find another resource. Well, time for me to get to work, buy a train ticket and research Berlin. I got my work cut out for me. Talk to everyone later.

1 comment:

Songs from the Woods said...

It's actually not that bad. I had to do that when I was in both Oxford and Paris as the places I was staying did not have laundry facilities.
~Kim