Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm a Jelly Donut! (Part 1) (Berlin Day 2)

Well, where to begin? Let's just say that this blog is going to be cut into parts folks, just because.... BERLIN IS AMAZING! If you ignore the fact that there are quite a few reconstructions going on, you would be amazed as to what is here. How amazing would you say? Well, let's just say that I took 251 pictures! I took more, but those weren't really good pictures, so I deleted them on the spot. Matter of fact, the 251 pictures have a few bad eggs as well. I'll try to sort through them all when I have the chance.

I'm going to try to take you through those pictures as much as I can, so you might want to have the pictures open just so you can see what I'm talking about.

Here is the link for the photo album. http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/NovoCode/

There isn't anything there right at the moment, I mean, I did take 251 pictures. It takes a while to upload! :-) (Blogger is giving me some trouble with the link, so I'll just put the link for the main album down, and I've labeled the album Berlin Day 2, just so that you know)

Well, after waking up, I figured that seeing that I was getting a bike tour, that I would look the part of the tourist. So I went down to the train station so that I could catch the train to Alexanderplatz. That's where I needed to go for this one bike tour that I purchased. I snapped off a few pictures along the way to the train station, especially the multi-story Fitness Center. :-) Must love their fitness.

Well, I get to Alexanderplatz, and I was a little early, so I went around the area taking a few pictures. So I head on back around the time that I think I needed to be there (I really do need a watch, I say this now, because it was getting me into problems later, Berlin day 3). Well, come to find out, that I had purchased the Berlin Wall tour, so I figured, I'm here to see ALL of Berlin, not just the wall itself. So I asked about their full city tour, and they said, "no problem, it costs the same". I mean, sure, I could learn A LOT about the wall, but then again, there is soooo much more to see. So I opted for the full tour. Its a good thing I did. Well, the full city tour was a little bit later (11am), so I checked out some shops at the train station, saw a miniture train station so I snapped off a shot of that. Well, after buying myself a hat, (it was a VERY sunny day, which was completely the opposite of the forecast (which said that it would be pouring), so I needed the protection) I went to the meeting point at the right moment. (Thankfully, I was lucky, and judged the time correctly, I wasn't so lucky later, as you will fine out.)

(Posting more soon...)

No comments: