Thursday, August 23, 2007

Versailles or the Louvre

Seeing that I had such a great time with Fat Tire Bike Tours in Berlin, they have a location in Paris offering a number of tours...

Fat Tire Bike Tours

I was originally planning on taking their combo, both a Day and Night tour of Paris on Saturday. But then I saw their tour for Versailles...

So I'm kind of torn. I mean, I've heard that if there is one museum to go to, the Louvre is it. But then again, Versailles would be absolutely stunning as well. It doesn't look like I'll be having a whole lot of time for all of it.

I mean, as it stands, it looks like the tour of Versailles would have to be pushed to Sunday, which could get me into trouble once again with the trains. You see, my train leaves Paris at 5:55pm (17:55) on Sunday. And the tour for Versailles leaves at 9am and is "approximately" 8 hours. That means, I get back at "approximately" 5pm. Oof, lots of risk there. Lots of "ifs" and "maybes". Whereas I could stay in Paris, see the Louvre at a relaxing pace (if I get in that is, who knows how long of a line I would have to face).

Anyone have any opinions? Could use some before I leave tomorrow...

1 comment:

Songs from the Woods said...

Both are equally stunning. It took me a full day to go through the entire Louvre. I cannot remember how long the tour of Versailles was, unfortunately you can only do one or the other. I would suggest the Louvre, mainly because it is closer to trains and transportation.

(Remember I've been to Paris.)