Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Not traveling for a while

Well, I just got some news the other day which could potentially cancel my out-of-country trip AND my birthday trip if its not resolved in time. Could also put some problems for me if they don't get it resolved by the 27th too, seeing that my flight out of Germany is in Dusseldorf.

Come to find out that tomorrow will start a union strike of Train conductors for the Deutsche Bahn. That means that train travel just might be impossible. Which means that I'm not sure if I can even leave Bremen at this rate, much less the country itself.

Hopefully it will be the shortest strike possible and I'll be able to get back on... ehem... track (sorry didn't mean for that to be a pun). :-)

Here is the link if you want to read up on it...
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2722345,00.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...this is not good news, especially when you are just getting the hang of "what not to do when traveling"!!!! :)