Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bremen Bound

Oh, almost forgot, took a snapshot of "Frank" while we were waiting. hehehe


Well, the flight went okay. Nodded off here and there but no where near REM sleep. So we got off in Hamburg. Picked up our luggage, and went outside. We needed to find a bus that would take us to the train station. We were told that there was an express that goes directly to the train station and to look for the yellow bus. Well, it didn't take too long to find it because it came in just as we walked outside practically. So we hopped onboard, bought tickets and we were on our way to the train station. I snapped off a few pictures before we started moving just to show everyone the lovely weather Germany is having right about now.















Well, as we were going along, I saw that car were parked on the sidewalk, tried to take a picture of it, but it didn't come out so well.


So, we get to the train station. Both Frank and I are REALLY tired at this point. So we start searching around for the ticket booth. While searching around, Frank found the automatic ticket booth, put money in, ticket spits out. So he put in his 20 euros (the ticket costs 19.40) and got his ticket. He then waved me over. I didn't see him get his ticket, so I didn't know what he did.

Well, at this point I was able to input in that I needed a Bremen ticket (that wasn't hard), but I had some issues with the money. First off, I wasn't used to the way they would put a comma instead of a period for lower than 1 euro denominations. So it was showing 19,40. Well, I was tired, so I put in 19 euros, thinking that was enough. Well, it wasn't, and Frank ran off to catch the train, supposedly it was leaving (or had already left). (It had already left by the time Frank got out to the platform, but needless to say, he wasn't there with me)

So I started over, putting in my 15 euro bills that I had, and starting going through my coins, pulling out enough for the rest, well, at this point, the ticket machine had spit out the 15 euros that I had put in, and then sucked them back into the machine when I didn't pick them up quick enough. And then wouldn't return them to me... :-( So I went looking for someone to refund the 15 euros. Supposedly, the machine is handled by an outside company, and that I would have to fill out a form to get the 15 euros back. :-(

Well, I get the form, was told that I could turn it in whenever I wanted, borrowed money from Frank, because I didn't have anymore at that point (stupid exchange rate) got the ticket and proceeded down to the platform.








Well, time for me to go. More on this later.

No comments: